For serious injuries dial 911
- Check your vehicle occupants for injury.
- If possible move your vehicle from the roadway to a safe
location. Even if you have a flat tire or some other issue that would normally
make the vehicle disabled try to move it from the roadway. The roadway is not a
safe place to be! If you can steer it and it runs, clear it from the roadway!
- Check the other vehicle(s) occupants for injuries.
- Contact Emergency Medical Services if there are any injuries.
- If the vehicles involved are operable and no wreckers are needed
exchange personal information, including name, phone number, address and
driver’s license number.
- Exchange insurance information. Be sure to verify
expiration date and get the telephone
number(s) for the insurance company.
Contact the HCSO at 713-221-6000 if:
- You cannot remove the vehicle(s) from the roadway.
- Any party is injured; dial 911 for serious injuries.
- Any driver does not have a driver’s license.
- Any driver does not have proof of insurance.
- Any disturbance ensues.
The driver of a motor vehicle involved in a crash not investigated by a law enforcement officer and resulting in
injury to or death of any person, or damage to the property of any one person, including himself, to any apparent
extent of at least one thousand dollars ($1,000), must within 10 days after such crash complete and forward a Drivers Crash Report. Click on the link below and please read the instructions on the form carefully before submitting.
Drivers Crash Report Form